Saturday, March 17, 2012

Wisconsin patients go West for medical marijuana approvals Continue reading on Examiner.com Wisconsin patients go West for medical marijuana approvals

MADISON - Oregon's largest newspaper, the Oregonian, published an article on Feb. 20, 2012, that reported on the increasing number of out of state patients registering for Oregon's medical marijuana program, the only state medical cannabis program that accepts out-of-staters, "Hundreds of out-of-staters find comfort in obtaining Oregon medical marijuana cards."

I was interviewed for the article, which included a photo of me in my apartment posing next to a highway map of Oregon mounted on a door with a copy of my Oregon registration above.

The article included some quotes that really cut to the root of why I would travel to another state each year to gain that state's approval as a medical cannabis patient:

"Storck, the medical marijuana activist in Wisconsin, which doesn't have a medical marijuana program, carries his Oregon card with him wherever he goes even though it isn't likely to offer him much legal protection.

"To be able to have at least one state say, 'Yes, we accept that you are a patient,' means so much to me," he said. "It was worth the trip to be recognized as a patient. I have been fighting my whole entire adult life for my medicine. My own home state, where I was born, won't recognize that."

A map of Oregon hangs in his home, a reminder that his marijuana use is legal here.

"I am really thankful to Oregon," Storck said. "I am legal in every inch of that state and that is a beautiful thought for me." -- "Hundreds of out-of-staters find comfort in obtaining Oregon medical marijuana cards," Oregonian, Monday, Feb. 20, 2012.

Continue reading on Examiner.com Wisconsin patients go West for medical marijuana approvals - Madison norml | Examiner.com http://www.examiner.com/norml-in-madison/wisconsin-patients-go-west-for-medical-marijuana-approvals?CID=obinsite#ixzz1pQowwjyx

No comments:

Post a Comment